Orthodox believers‘ church of Resurrection of Christ in Panevėžys

The first community of orthodox believers in Panevėžys was founded in 1841 after the blessing of Metropolitan of Lithuania and Vilnius, Josif Semaška. Huge military convoys were deployed in Panevėžys at the time, so military authorities initiated the construction of the house of prayer. An Orthodox church has been built, a masonry Pijorai church was adapted as an Orthodox church, a tiny wooden Orthodox church in an Orthodox cemetery as well. In 1918 the masonry church (currently – the Church of the Holy Trinity) was given back to Catholics, and the only wooden Orthodox church was left in Panevėžys.

J. Tilvyčio St. 6, Panevėžys

55.7259491, 24.3550137